Solar Converters PPT 48-20 Linear Current Booster - Pump Driver - 20 Amp
PPT 48-10 Linear Current Booster / Pump Driver - 10 Amp
Used to control and power a DC motor from a solar panel. The unit prevents stalling of the motor under less than full sun condition. The power of the sun is transformed to the motor running conditions so as the sun goes down the motor slows down instead of stalling. Conversely, or as the sun comes up the motor starts running much earlier instead of staying stalled for hours when it could be running. This translates into more running time of the motor where it spends a lot of time working instead of stalled doing no work.
Features of the Solar Converters PPT 48-20 Linear Current Booster - Pump Driver - 20 Amp:
- 48 V @ 20 amp Linear Current Booster/Pump Driver
- Voltage Limited Output to 60V
- Greatly increases water flow, even under reduced sunlight conditions (over 40% likely)
- Transient Protected on the input and output
- Float/Dry Switch input for on/off control
- Pump Protection Features - Well Dry, Low Sun, Current Limited, Temperature Limited
- LED display of pump performance
- Interface for Optional Digital meter MT-3
- Ultra High Efficiency >94 %
- Rainproof NEMA 3R enclosure
- Weight:approx. 11 lbs.
- Size: 10" X 8" X 4" nominal, NEMA 3R (rainproof) enclosure
- Operating Temperature: -40 to 70 deg. C
- User Controls:Pump On/Off, Reset
- LED Display: Start Delay, Dry Well, Dry Well delay, Float Switch Activated, Current Limit, Pump Voltage / Power, Over Temperature Controlled
- Dry Well: Unit senses when the well is dry by sensing very low pump current - no load on pump. If the condition exist for three seconds, the output is disabled for 20 minutes to allow the well to refill. Reset clears this condition.
- Low Sun: Unit senses when the sun is producing too little power to reliably run the motor (1/4 power point) and will shut off for 3 minutes to prevent unnecessary brush wear.
- Temperature Limited: The unit will reduce motor power if the unit is running too hot to maintain a constant unit temperature and prevent unit failure form overtemperature.
- Current Limited: The unit will current limit its output to protect the unit and the load from jammed motor/ low resistance operation. An external fuse rated for the motor is recommended.
Also Known As:
Also Known As:
|Nominal Voltage (V)||48|
|Nominal PV Input (V)||48|
|Maximum PV Input (V)||90|
|Maximum Output Voltage (V)||60|
|Maximum Output (A)||20|
|Maximum Output (A)|
short term - 10 sec
|Weight||approx 11 lb.|
|Sizes||10" X 8" X 4" nominal|
|Operating Temperature||-40 to 70 deg. C|
|Humidity||NEMA 3R Enclosure|