Bogart Engineering TriMetric TM-2025-A Battery System Monitor
TriMetric TM-2025-A 12/24/48VDC Battery System Monitor
The TriMetric is used to monitor battery systems used in remote homes, RV's or boats that have batteries that store solar, wind, or possibly generator powered chargers. They will help you maintain your batteries.
All models are designed to monitor the following:
- "Percent Full" ("State of charge") of your batteries, so you can see if you need to charge them more, or check that overall usage is less than your charging resources.
- The "volts" display will let you discover if your charger systems are charging to the proper voltage, neither too high or too low, which is important for maximizing your battery life—also when battery voltage gets too low you will know your battery is getting really close to being discharged.
- The "amps" or "watts" display measures the rate of energy going in or out of your batteries so you can check your charging systems, and also to see how much energy each of your appliances use to help you conserve energy.
- The "days since charged" display shows how recently the main battery (system) was fully charged, so if it hasn't been charged recently you can perform extra charging if necessary to help maintain the capacity of your batteries.
- The TM-2025 also can measure voltage only of a second battery set, such as the motor starting battery, or solar voltage input to an MPPT charge controller.
- For extreme techies only: The TM-2025 also has a serial 0-5V output with streaming "real time" serial (ASCII) data that could be used to control other electronics.
- If your home, R/V or boat depends on batteries for electrical power, here's why a battery monitor should be part of your electrical system.
Data logging: Not everyone will use the data logging information, which records daily maximum battery voltage level, and minimum charging amps to check for proper charging levels for the last 5 days. In addition, for up to five of the most recent charge/discharge cycles it also logs: cycle length, charge efficiency, minimum battery% full and minimum voltage level for each cycle. This is useful diagnostic information which a technician can use to determine that your whole system is working properly.
Features of the Bogart Engineering TriMetric TM-2025-A Battery System Monitor:
- Helps save valuable energy by letting you see how much you're using.
- Shows "amps" or "watts" to educate users about how much energy different electrical loads draw.
- Check that all loads are really off when you think they're off.
- Check for "phantom loads"—small loads that steal power 24 hours per day.
- Keep informed about how much energy you have left in your battery system.
- Reduce generator use by knowing when you can efficiently shut it off because batteries are approaching full charge.
- Provides information you need to protect your battery investment
- Know when to turn on your generator to avoid damage from over discharge.
- Check that all charging systems are charging to correct voltage for longest life.
- Be reminded not to let batteries go too many days between a full charge.
- Helps locate system problems when they occur.
- Monitor solar arrays, and inverter/chargers to be sure they are still charging at proper rates and voltage
- Find out if batteries are still holding energy properly
- Even if you're not an expert, a dealer or other knowledgeable person can more easily help you "by phone" to locate a problem if you have a monitor on your system .
- Data recorded by the TriMetric can help diagnose some system problems
Size: The battery monitor is designed to fit into a standard Double-Gang Electrical Box mounted 90 degrees from the usual position.
TM2025-A Panel size ( inches): 4.5 x 4.75 x 0.9 deep, Panel only, designed to fit into many "double-gang" electrical boxes, mounted 90 degrees from the usual position.
Warranty: The Bogart Engineering warranty policy is to repair at no cost any of their products that develop a problem not due to customer misuse.
Note: Requires either a 100 amp shunt or 500 amp shunt.
Also Known As:
TM 2025 A F