Kilowatt Hour kWhr Digital Meter 12S with Wireless Communication
Vision Kilowatt Hour kWhr Digital Meter 12S, 120/480V, Class 200 with Network Meter
As the utility industry continues to evolve, the fundamentals of metering remain unchanged. Accuracy, reliability and affordability are still as important in today’s metering world as they were 50 years ago. The rapidly changing Smart Grid landscape brings a new fundamental requirement into play as well: flexibility. Today’s smart meters must be capable of constantly evolving to meet ever changing requirements. Utilities can no longer afford to be handcuffed by a single source for their metering needs. Austin International is committed to offering the utility industry metering products and services that advance open communication and data transfer protocols while offering the flexibility of incorporating a variety of existing technologies.
The Vision meters with wireless communication utilizes robust 900 MHz radio communication between the Vision Meter and Vision Gate Collector (Sold Separately) to provide real-time data. The Collector connects to a LAN. A PC must be running on the network to receive data from the collector. One Gate Collector can read multiple meters in a 1000-yard line-of-site radius. A Collector can be configured as relay to increase range or go around corners.
Features of the Vision Kilowatt Hour kWhr Digital Meter 12S, 120/480V, Class 200 with Network Meter:
- Digital Measurement Technology
- Vision meters with wireless communication utilizes robust 900 MHz radio communication between the Vision Meter and Vision Gate Collector to provide real-time data
- The Collecotor connects to a LAN
- Non-volatile memory
- Designed for a 20+ year life
- Meets or exceeds industry and ANSI standards
- Uses ANSI protocols
- Six-digit LCD and two Alpha ID
- Utilizes Current Transformers for precise measurement
- Remote firmware upgradable when meter equipped with 2-way communications
- Form 12S, 120/480V
- Class 200 - Network Meter with Polycarbonate Cover
The VISION meter family breaks from the industry standard by combining full meter functionality at one low price. The VISION meter offers all metering capabilities in the base configuration so there’s no add-on cost for features that are already built into the meter.
The VISION meter can be easily reconfigured using the optical port on the meter face, or remotely if the meter has two-way communication capabilities. The VISION meter offers the following display configuration options:
- kWh delivered, kWh received, kWh net and high security (always positive direction)
- Instantaneous demand
- Voltage, current, phase angle
- Segment check
The VISION meter also allows added flexibility when equipped with Landis+Gyr AirPoint communication capability. Radio transmission signal strength and time between transmissions can both be adjusted in order to optimize performance with your drive-by or walk-by systems.
Reliability, quality and durability are designed into every aspect of the VISION meter. Design features ensuring reliability include:
- Oversized current coils
- Robust power supply
- Hermetically sealed transformers
- 10 kV surge protection
- Single PCB design