PVL-68 68 Watt Field Applied PV Roofing Laminate
Unisolar PVL-68T 68 Watt Field Applied PV Roofing Laminate
Models: PVL-31, PVL-62, PVL-68, PVL-93, PVL-124, PVL-136
Triple Junction Technology
The foundation of the UNI-SOLAR PVL-68 is the
Triple Junction silicon solar cell unique to UNI-SOLAR .
Each cell is composed of three semiconductor junctions
stacked on top of each other. The bottom cell absorbs the
red light, the middle cell absorbs the green light and the top
cell absorbs the blue light. This spectrum splitting capability
is the key to higher efficiency.
• Lightweight, Flexible, Durable
• Easy to install “peel and apply” application
• 20 Year warranty on power output
• Roll Shippable
• Top Termination quick connect or Junction Box
• Bypass Diodes for Shadow Tolerance
• UL Listed
Product Description and Application
The PVL-68 (photovoltaic laminate) utilizes the proprietary Triple Junction solar cells manufactured by UNI-SOLAR. These cells are made in a roll-to-roll deposition process on a continuous roll of stainless steel. The result is a unique, flexible, lightweight solar cell.
The UNI-SOLAR PVL-68 Laminates are encapsulated in UV stabilized polymers making them exceptionally durable. Bypass diodes are connected across each cell, allowing the modules to produce power even when partially shaded.
These special roofing laminates are designed to be bonded on 16-inch wide (minimum), flat steel pans. The PVL-68 come with the bonding adhesive factory-installed
on the back of the laminate. Included is a rugged, weatherproof junction box and/or Quick Connect Terminals.
• PVDF Coated (Galvalume® or Zincalume®) steel metal pan
• Steel pans with flat surface (without pencil beads or decorative stippling)
• 16” minimum steel pan width
• Installation temperature between 10°C - 40°C (50°F -100°F)
• Maximum roof temperature 85°C (185°F)
• Certified Installer
• Cleaned as per manufacturer’s instructions
• New or qualified new roof installations
United Solar Ovonic
United Solar Ovonic is the world leader in thin-film technologies. It’s a company with years of experience in photovoltaics and is backed by a U.S. technology leader, Energy Conversion Devices, which holds 350 U.S. patents and 800 foreign patents. Our technology has proven itself over decades under the most extreme conditions imaginable, including satellites, ocean buoys and military applications. We offer a proven product, a proven technology, from a proven company.
Also Known As: