L16RE-A Premium Line Flooded Deep Cycle 6V Battery
Trojan Battery L16RE-A Premium Line Flooded Deep Cycle 6V Battery
Renewable energy applications operate under challenging conditions such as fluctuating or extreme temperatures, remote locations and the intermittent nature of solar and wind power generation. Designed with a 10-year battery life, Trojan Battery’s Premium Line of flooded deep-cycle batteries is specifically engineered to withstand the rigorous conditions of renewable energy applications. The Premium Line incorporates advanced battery features such as Trojan’s DuraGrid, MaxGuard XL separator and Alpha Plus Paste technologies that provide superior performance, rugged durability and exceptional long life. Trojan’s product strategy is focused on one simple objective – manufacture the highest quality battery available in the industry, which is why Trojan’s Premium Line is tested to IEC standards
Features of the Trojan Battery L16RE-A Premium Line Flooded Deep Cycle 6V Battery:
- Model: L16RE-A with Bayonet Cap
- Battery: Flooded/wet lead-acid battery
- Material: Polypropylene
- Terminal: 5 (LT)
- Operating Temperature: -4°F to 113°F (-20°C to +45°C). At temperatures below 32°F (0°C) maintain a state of charge greater than 60%.
- Self Discharge: Up to 4% per week
- Specific Gravity: The specific gravity at 100% state of charge is 1.280
- Expected Life VS. Temperature: Chemical reactions internal to the battery are driven by voltage and temperature. The higher the battery temperature, the faster chemical reactions will occur. While higher temperatures can provide improved discharge performance the increased rate of chemical reactions will result in a corresponding loss of battery life. As a rule of thumb, for every 10°C increase in temperature the reaction rate doubles. Thus, a month of operation at 35°C is equivalent in battery life to two months at 25°C. Heat is an enemy of all lead acid batteries, FLA, AGM and gel alike and even small increases in temperature will have a major influence on battery life.
- Trojan Grid Technology: Trojan’s grid technology is a lead antimony alloy grid mixture formulated for use with Trojan’s Alpha Plus Paste with T2 Technology. The grid formulation provides exceptional structural adhesion between the Alpha Plus Paste and the grid frame. Thick grids reinforce the strength of the frame and reduce overall corrosion. The overall grid configuration is optimized to enhance current flow through the grid network providing exceptional battery performance, reducing downtime and lowering overall maintenance costs.
- Maxguard T2 Separator: Available in Trojan's Signature Line of deep-cycle flooded batteries is our Maxguard T2 advanced separator. Trojan's Maxguard T2 separator features a multi-rib geometry which keeps acid channels open longer enhancing electrochemical processing while reducing the risk of stratification. Maxguard's proprietary rubber-based material formulation inhibits antimony transfer between the positive grids and negative plates; a protection not available in many other competitor batteries. A fortified, thick back web provides even greater separator strength resulting in a more robust battery with increased protection against failures caused by separator degradation. Trojan’s Maxguard T2 advanced separator sustains performance providing exceptionally longer battery life and significantly lowering your operating costs.
- Alpha Plus Paste with T2 Technology: Trojan’s Alpha Plus Paste is a proprietary, high-density paste formulation precisely engineered to deliver outstanding battery performance. This high-density paste optimizes porosity development in the active material utilizing the active material more effectively resulting in sustained battery performance over a longer period of time. Trojan's T2 Technology features a patent-pending T2 metal agent which is incorporated into Trojan’s Alpha Plus Paste further strengthening the electrochemical processing capabilities of Alpha Plus Paste. Together Alpha Plus Paste with T2 Technology increase both sustained capacity and total overall ampere-hours resulting in more operating power for your application. It's a key reason why Trojan batteries consistently outperform the competition.
- Charger Voltage Settings (@ 77°F/25°C)
- Absorption Charge: 2.35-2.45
- Float Charge: 2.20
- Equalize Charge: 2.58
Also Known As: