31-AGM 12V Deep Cycle AGM Battery
Trojan Battery 31-AGM 12V Deep Cycle AGM Battery
Trojan’s deep-cycle absorbed glass mat (AGM) maintenance-free batteries for renewable energy applications feature a number of design elements to provide optimum performance. Robust plates extend the life-cycle of Trojan’s deep-cycle AGM batteries.
A separator of glass fibers serves to isolate the positive and negative plates while acting as a blotter to absorb the electrolyte. The separator is maintained under compression between plates to assure contact with plate surfaces. A computer-generated grid design is optimized for high-power density. Low calcium grid alloy reduces gas emissions and a flame arresting, one-way pressure relief vent prevents buildup of excessive pressure. Trojan’s deep-cycle AGM batteries are low temperature tolerant, shock and vibration resistant and have a low internal resistance for higher discharge current and higher charging efficiency.
Features of the Trojan Battery 31-AGM 12V Deep Cycle AGM Battery:
- Model: 31-AGM
- Battery: VRLA AGM
- Material: Polypropylene
- Operating Temperature: -4°F to 113°F (-20°C to +45°C). At temperatures below 32°F (0°C) maintain a state of charge greater than 60%.
- Self Discharge: Less than 3% per month depending on storage temperature conditions.
- Specific Gravity: The specific gravity at 100% state of charge is 1.280
- Expected Life VS. Temperature: Chemical reactions internal to the battery are driven by voltage and temperature. The higher the battery temperature, the faster chemical reactions will occur. While higher temperatures can provide improved discharge performance the increased rate of chemical reactions will result in a corresponding loss of battery life. As a rule of thumb, for every 10°C increase in temperature the reaction rate doubles. Thus, a month of operation at 35°C is equivalent in battery life to two months at 25°C. Heat is an enemy of all lead acid batteries, FLA, AGM and gel alike and even small increases in temperature will have a major influence on battery life.
- Charger Voltage Settings (@ 77°F/25°C)
- Absorption Charge 12V: 14.1 - 14.7
- Float Charge 12V: 13.5
Also Known As: