S425P SunHeater Solar Pool Heating System for In-Ground Pools
Smartpool S601P SunHeater Solar Pool Heating System for In-Ground Pools
A SunHeater(TM) solar pool heating system raises pool water temperature 6 degrees or more. It is lightweight, durable and easy to install. Water simply flows through the SunHeater's many tubes via your existing pool pump where it is heated by the sun and returned to your pool. The system can be installed on the roof of your house, shed or cabana, mounted to a rack (optional mounting kit SK43 available), or simply placed on the ground. Get the system used by hundreds of thousands of Americans, the SunHeater(TM) solar pool heating system, and save money on fuel and electricity bills, extend your swimming season by weeks, and get more enjoyment from your pool than ever before. Systems are available to suit all sizes of aboveground and inground pools.
- Over-Molded Fiberglass Crush-Proof Header Pipes
- Direct-Flow System For Efficient Heating And Winterizing
- Tube On Web Design For Better Heating
- 2' Panel Height
- One box is sufficient to heat most aboveground pools
- Install on ground, roof, or rack
- Raises temperature 6 degrees or more
- Simple do-it-yourself installation
- Uses existing pool pump
- Tube on web design for maximum exposure to sun's rays
- No fuel bills or expensive installation of equipment and connections
- Best-selling solar collector in the industry
- Easy to drain for winterizing
- 2 - 2' x 20' polypropylene collectors
- 10 stainless steel mounting brackets
- 10 - 2" #14 screws
- 4 rubber connector hoses
- 8 stainless steel clamps
- Trilingual installation/operation manual (English/Spanish/French)
- Bilingual 4-color box (English/French)
- Unit Size: 2 x 2' x 20'
- Carton Weight: 39 lbs
- Carton Size: 16" x 16" x 27.5" (UPS-able)
Order Guide for 80 sq. ft. System
Pool Sizes up to 15' x 30' use 2 Solar Boxes and 1 System Kit
16' x 36' use 3 Solar Boxes and 1 System Kit
20' x 40' use 4 Solar Boxes and 1 System Kit
For Year-Round Swimming Areas, Add 1 Solar Box
NOTE: One System Kit (SK21) is REQUIRED for all inground pool solar installations of up to 8 solar panels (4 boxes) per installation. The SK21 contains everything you need to complete most installations, including all the necessary valves, connection and mounting hardware. Use of non-SmartPool mounting and system hardware may void the warranty.
How Well Does Solar Heating Work?
A properly sized and installed system will raise pool temperatures up to 10°F during the season. You will only want to circulate water through the solar collector when the sun is shining. When it's cloudy or rainy, solar won't work as well (and you probably won't be swimming during those times), but your water will be back up to temperature after one or two warm days.
Do I Need A Special Pump?
If your pool pump is in good working condition, there shouldn't be any problem using your existing pump. A one HP pump will handle installations up to 30 feet away from the pool equipment and one story up. If the collectors are cool to touch when the water is running through them on a warm sunny day, you are getting enough flow.
Where Can I Put The Solar Collectors?
Anywhere you get at least 6 hours of full sun during the day. The longer the collectors are in full sun, the better they will work. If you are mounting the solar on an angle (like a roof or rack), the collectors should face in a southerly direction. For roof or rack mounting, you'll need 1 SK-43 for each solar box. For high wind areas, we recommend one SK-34 High Wind Kit for each collect.
What Tools Will I Need?
- Flat head screwdriver or 5/16" (8mm) nut driver
- Power drill
- 1/8" (3 mm) drill bit and a Phillips head bit
- Silicone sealant (GEII or equivalent)
- A Sharp Cutting Instrument or Utility Scissors
What additional parts will I need to install the solar system on a roof?
- You will need the correct amount of 1 1/2" (38mm) Schedule 40 PVC pipe for the plumbing, going to and from your pool equipment.
- You will also need PVC primer, glue, and fittings (available where you buy PVC pipe).
How much will the solar system weigh when filled with water?
- Each solar box (2 collectors) will weigh approximately 80 lbs. when filled with water. There is very little additional load on your roof since the weight is dispersed over a large area.