Morningstar SHS-10 Summary
- Battery Voltage
- 12 Volts
- Charging Type
- Output Current
- 10 Amps
SHS-10 10A Solar Controller - 12V
Morningstar SHS-10 10A Solar Controller 12V -
Morningstar’s well-known high quality and reliability is now available in a low cost solar controller. The SHS Controller is ideal for rural electrification systems with one to three solar panels. This controller meets World Bank specifications and provides many features and benefits.
Features of the Morningstar SHS-10 10A Solar Controller 12V -:
- Reduces Cost of Battery Replacements
- The low voltage disconnect will increase battery life. The loads are automatically disconnected when the battery is low and automatically reconnected after the battery is recharged.
- Complete charging will increase battery life and storage capacity. The controller will maximize the amount of solar energy into the battery and avoid drying out the battery.
- Provides Useful Information
- LEDs display status information and battery level which helps the user to better operate the solar power system.
- Morningstar’s SHS controller has many advantages compared to other controllers:
- Low Cost: The SHS was specifically designed to meet the needs of the rural electrification market. The low cost resulted from using the latest electronic technology and high volume manufacturing.
- High Reliability: Morningstar is a world-leading supplier of solar charge controllers. All our controllers are designed for high quality and high reliability. The SHS controller has a low failure rate and will last a long time.
- Electronic Protections: The SHS has built-in electronic fuses that do not require replacement. Any wiring mistakes during installation will not damage the controller.
- Tropicalization: The SHS electronics are protected with a moisture-tight coating, minimizing damage from humidity and from nesting insects.
- Easy to Use: The SHS controller is fully automatic and requires no adjustments or user selections.
Also Known As:
|Model: SHS-10 (12V)||170 Watts or 10 Amps for Solar and Load|
|Regulation Point||14.3 Volts|
|Low voltage Disconnect||11.5 Volts|
|Low voltage Reconnect||12.6 Volts|
|Type of Charging||Series PWM|
4 Stage: Bulk, PWM, Boost and Float
Temperature compensated charging
|Electronic Protections||Short circuit and overcurrent —solar and load Reverse polarity — solar, load, battery|
| ||Reverse current at night|
| ||Lightning — solar, load, battery|
|Tropicalization||Circuit Board — conformal coated|
Terminals — corrosion protected
|LED Indications||Green charging|
Green-Yellow-Red battery levels
Red low voltage warning and disconnect
All 3 LEDs blink — to show mistakes
|Terminals||For wire sizes to 4 mm2|
|Dimensions||15.1 x 6.6 x 3.6 cm|
|Self-consumption||8 mA maximum|
|Temperature||–25°C to +50°C|
|Compliance||CE, World Bank|