ME SBC Smart Battery Combiner
Magnum Energy ME SBC Smart Battery Combiner
The ME-SBC is an innovative two-bank battery combiner. It is designed to monitor and charge a second battery using a portion of the current that is charging a main battery.
This 25 Amp combiner/isolator integrates an optional solenoid drive, remote voltage sense for more accurate sensing, High and Low battery cut-out to prevent over/undercharging, and automatic 12 or 24 Volt operation.
Connection to the oversized terminals is easy and simple. The basic design makes connecting the SBC as simple as it can get. Like other 3 wire voltage followers, this is a very simple device to connect and setup. The universal controls and connections make this a perfect replacement product.
The remote sense line can be used to monitor the battery voltage of a battery far away or at a charging source. Also, this is used to help minimize unnecessary cycling between combining and isolating, which can lead to early solenoid failure.
The Magnum Energy Smart Battery Combiner (ME-SBC) is an easy-to-use stand alone battery combiner and isolator for 12 and 24 VDC systems. Apply a single charging source to the main battery bank and the ME-SBC charges a second battery bank using a portion of the current. With adjustable voltage ranges, including automatic on off setpoints, the ME-SBC prevents underor over-charging.
- Renewable Energy Systems
- Off-grid Power
- Back-up Power
- Marine Systems
- RV Systems
The Front Panel Includes:
- LED indicators showing status and operation.
- Three adjustable voltage dials to set the "Connect Voltage", "Low V Disconnect", and "High V Disconnect."
- An oversized power terminal block allowing for easy wire connections even if the wires are large.
- An accessories terminal block to add a solenoid or a separate voltage sense line.
- A reset switch.
Features of the Magnum Energy ME SBC Smart Battery Combiner:
- Voltage auto-detect feature recognizing 12 or 24 VDC.
- Transfers up to 25 amps.
- Solenoid drive for requirements greater than 25 amps.
- Over-temperature and over-current shutdown.
- Adjustable voltage settings with a wide range allows for charging flexibility.
- Bi-directional charging.
- Reverse polarity protection.
- Sense lead for long-run applications.
Also Known As: