SB2512iX Solar Boost 2512iX Controller
Blue Sky Energy SB2512iX Solar Boost 2512iX Controller
Patented Maximum Power Point Tracking technology allows Solar Boost 2512iX to increase charge current up to 30% or more compared to conventional charge controllers. Don't waste your money by throwing PV power away! Get the power you paid for with a Solar Boost charge controller. Additional features provided in the Solar Boost 2512iX include automatic or manual equalization, battery temperature sensor input, full IPN network compatibility, and an auxiliary output. The user configurable auxiliary output can serve as either a 25 amp load controller, or as a 2 amp auxiliary battery charger. The load control feature can be used to limit excessive battery discharge in unattended remote systems, where as the auxiliary battery charge feature is ideal for charging a separate battery such as the engine battery in an RV.
Blue Sky Energy's advanced Integrated Power Net™, or IPN Network, allows up to 8 IPN capable charge controllers to communicate with each other and operate as a single machine rather than separate charge controllers. The IPN network also allows networked controllers to share an optional battery temperature sensor and remote display. The IPN network does not require a display or other special hardware to operate.
Features of the Blue Sky Energy SB2512iX Solar Boost 2512iX Controller:
- 25 Amp 12 Volt Rating Supports A Wide Range Of Applications
- Optional IPN-ProRemote Display Provides Charge Control & Full-Featured Battery Monitoring System
- 3-Stage Charge Control with Filtered PWM Output Improves Battery Performance & Life While Minimizing Battery Maintenance
- Clear Anodized Faceplate, Galvanized Mounting Box & Conformal Coated Electronics Resist Corrosion
- Full 5 Years Limited Warranty
Additional SB2512iX Features Include:
- Automatic orManual Equalization To Periodically Condition Flooded Lead-Acid Batteries
- Full IPN Network Interface Coordinates Multiple Controllers & Shares Optional Battery Temperature Sensor & Display
- Auxiliary Output Provides 25 Amp Load Control Or 2 Amp Auxiliary Battery Charge
- Battery Temperature Sensor Input
How Do Solar Boost Charge Controllers Increase Charge Current"
Solar Boost charge controllers increase charge current by harvesting more PV power. A conventional charge controller simply connects the PV module to the battery when the battery is discharged which can artificially limit how much power a PV module can deliver.
Patented Solar Boost MPPT technology operates the PV module at it’s optimum voltage where it can produce the greatest amount of power rather than at battery voltage. The higher power extracted from the module is then provided to the battery as increased charge current.
The actual charge current increase you will see varies primarily with module temperature and battery voltage. In comfortable temperatures, current increase typically varies between 10 to 25%, with 30% or more easily achieved with a discharged battery and cooler temperatures. What you can be sure of is that Solar Boost charge controllers will deliver the highest charge current possible for a given set of operating conditions.
Also Known As: