T80 TurboCharger MPPT Charge Controller
Apollo Solar T80 TurboCharger MPPT Charge Controller
80 AMP Battery Charge Management System
Power and Control in a Single Device
The T80 TurboCharger integrates Maximum Power Point Tracking, battery charge management, state of charge information and communications into a single device. With 80 Amps continuous output, the T80 has the largest capacity in the industry by over 30%.
Continuous Power Rating Up to 45°C/113°F Ambient
The T80 TurboCharger produces full-rated power without de-rating at up to 45oC ambient temperature. Above that, the output current is reduced gradually to protect the life of the T80 and then automatically ramped up as the temperature decreases. High efficiency power circuits and robust thermal design minimize heat generation. The internal temperature-controlled variable speed fan runs just fast enough to maintain optimum reliability.
Energy Monitor Built In
The T80 includes a built-in Energy Monitor using TriMetric Technology from Bogart Engineering. The monitor tracks power production and consumption to calculate the energy remaining in the battery. State of Charge (SOC) is displayed in Percent Full, Amp-hours, Watt-Hours, and Bar-Graph format. In addition, 90 days of energy-harvest history is stored in the T80.
Enhanced Battery Performance and Life
The T80 supports Flooded Lead Acid (FLA), GEL and Absorbed Glass Mat (AGM) batteries. Four-stage charging with adjustable set points for all parameters.
Optimum MPPT/Charging Efficiency Cuts Costs
The T80 captures up to 35% more power from the photovoltaic (PV) array with patent-pending MPPT technology. The Apollo MPPT algorithm starts early and locks onto the peak power during rapidly changing insolation and temperature. The T80 dramatically cuts the cost of a PV system by reducing the number of PV panels required, eliminating the need for heavy gauge wiring, and increasing the life of the storage batteries.
Integral Performance-and-Update Communications
The slot for optional add-in cards provides data communication to Remote Displays, PCs and the Internet. System performance can be monitored remotely and the T80 accepts software upgrades using a PC and the Remote Display's SD Memory Card.
Features of the Apollo Solar T80 TurboCharger MPPT Charge Controller:
- Includes TriMetric Battery Energy Meter functions
- Precision charging of 12/24/36/48V batteries with one-minute set-up and Fail-safe calculated defaults
- Internal 4-line, 20 character LCD with backlight
- Comes with smart shunt board, battery temperature sensor, and associated cables - (shunt not included)
- 80 Amps continuous output at up to 45oC/113oF ambient temperature, Operating temp: -40°C to +60°C
- Built-in Battery Energy Monitor
- Wired Remote Display/ Internet Communications
- Patent Pending MPPT Provides Best Energy Harvest Available
- Parallel T80's for higher currents: Stack Up to 16 units
- UL 1741 & CSA C22.2 No.107.1-01 Certified